Tuesday, May 11, 2010

PIC SD BMP Reader II

It is similar to my first PIC SD BMP Reader , and almost the same circuit except for the LCD. This time I now use a Nokia 6610 LCD. The LCD is capable of displaying 4096 colors, but for code simplicity I just operate it at 8-bit (256 colors) resolution.

Diagram:
This project is capable of reading bitmap file using common format (24-bit per pixel), with size (width and height) equal to or less than 132 pixels at both side.

demo video:



Source code + diagram: PIC18 SD BMP Reader 2.rar


similar project at Hack-a-day: How-to: Digital picture frame, 100% DIY
-it uses PIC24FJ64 in stead of pic18f2550

5 comments:

  1. Hey Yus i edited your code a bit for my LCD it works on displaying full sized images of 128*160 but when i try to load a small 50x50 image its all mixed up. Can you take a look at my code please:

    http://pastebin.com/qFNUeuzx

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey wanted to update. I fixed the issue. I can now load images up to 128*160 no problem.

    Its not as fast because the way i have to draw to the LCD. Also the buffer i have available isnt huge as i would like. Im planning on switching to a LPC2106 or LPC2148 in the future...

    Image Viewer 3: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sir.

    Is it possible purchase this project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this possible with 480*800 pixel large lcds?

    ReplyDelete